Istanbul New Airport
The third airport of Istanbul is located northwest of the city on the European side, close to the Black Sea coast. The airport is the second largest in the world and the largest in Europe. The goal of Istanbul New Airport (IST) is to serve 200 million passengers a year. Its current (2020) capacity is 70 million passengers a year. The national highway D020 is a short distance from the airport and makes it easy to reach the airport.
Istanbul Ataturk Airport is now closed for commercial flights, as Istanbul New Airport is fully operational now. Only private and cargo flights are available.
Istanbul New Airport
Istanbul Airport is 36 km from Levent on the European Side and 40 km from Taksim. It is 47 km from Üsküdar on the Anatolian Side and 52 km from Kadıköy. It takes 50 minutes to reach the city center on the European side of Istanbul.
Public Transportation to Istanbul Airport
- There are public transportation by Havaist buses from many central parts of Istanbul. On the European side, bus departure stops are central places such as Beşiktaş, Taksim, Levent, Aksaray, Sultanahmet, Yenikapı, Bakırköy. On the Anatolian side, there are places like Usküdar, Kadiköy, İçerenköy. There is also transportation between Istanbul New Airport and Sabiha Gokcen Airport.
- Before boarding the bus, you should definitely buy Istanbulkart. Because this is the only way to pay. Price per person is 25 TL (4 euro). There is also transportation from Istanbul airport to the same places.
- Transportation to the city will start by the metro soon. The metro, which is still under construction, will soon be finished. The subway will have two different lines. There will be a transportation to Gayrettepe with one of the line. There will be transportation to Halkalı with the other line.
- You can book air tickets, daily activities and daily city tours in the city and in Istanbul Airport. You can avoid queues and save time by buying air tickets online.
For daily activities and daily city tours, we would like to assist you. Please contact to us.
- If you want to go to the center of Istanbul from New Airport by taxi, the fee is about 220 TL (30 euro).
Private Transfer to Istanbul Airport
- You can request a private car to go to and from Istanbul New Airport. It is more convenient to arrange airport transfers, especially if you came as a family and have a lot of bags. Transfer companies usually prefer a small minivan (Mercedes Vito) or Minibus (Mercedes Sprinter). Prices start at 50 Euros and vary depending on how many people will be transferred.
Rent a Car in Istanbul Airport
- Car rental is also available at Istanbul New Airport. You can rent a car from major companies Europcar, Hertz, Avis, Sixt, Budget, Enterprise and local companies.
Shopping and Cafes in Istanbul Airport
- There are also many nice cafes and restaurants at Istanbul New Airport that offer tastes from Turkish and international cuisine.
There is a Duty Free with world-famous brands and stores. Duty Free, which has a large area with distinguished brands for passengers, provides a pleasant shopping opportunity before and after the trip.
Hotel in Istanbul Airport
- For your accommodation needs, Yotel Istanbul Airport is one of the largest airport hotels in the world and the largest in Europe, with a total of 451 cabins (rooms), 277 on the land side and 174 on the air side. While Yotel can accommodate everyone on the land side, people who will pass through the passport control on the Yotelair airport, who travel internationally from Istanbul Airport or Istanbul Airport, can be accommodated. The rooms of the hotel are offered for sale from 70 euro and 150 euro for 4 hours depending on the room location.
Welcome to Istanbul. We would like to be happy to see you. If you like to have private transfer or daily city tour with local guide, please dont hesitate to contact us. We would like to help you.